- Did you know most custom framing stores will cut mats for you, for almost half the price they charge in a custom framing order?
- Did you know ready-made mats and frames can look just as nice as custom made mats and frames?
- Did you know you can ask framing associates at Aaron Brothers, Michaels and JoAnn’s for framing advice and they will gladly help you pick the best ready-made frames and mats to match your art/picture?
- Did you know custom framing stores sell all the materials you need for DIY framing; hanging hardware including hanging wire, paper dust cover, double sided tape (for adhering dust cover) and foam core.
Things to keep in mind when DIY framing:
- Always work in a clean environment.
- Use a lint free cloth when cleaning glass.
- Wear cotton gloves when handling pictures and artwork to prevent smudge marks.
- Always check for lint and dirt before closing your frame.
- Add a paper dust cover on the back of your the frame, for a professional look (great touch when giving a frame as a gift).
Great Example of DIY Framing