- 8 thin 1 inch slices prosciutto
- 8 large basil leaves, torn in half
- 8 small fresh mozzarella balls (about 1-inch in diameter), halved
- 8 ripe grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
Arrange 8 slices of prosciutto flat on a cutting board and put a piece of basil on one end of each slice. Top each piece of basil with a piece of mozzarella and a tomato half, matching the cut sides to make a ball. Season very lightly with salt and generously with pepper and then roll up the balls in the prosciutto. Secure each with a toothpick and set on a platter. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Drizzle with the olive oil and serve.