This weekend I had a bunch of little projects to work on, but the one I enjoyed immensely was turning this IKEA BRATTBY kitchen cart into a side table for our living room. This kitchen cart was one of the first pieces of IKEA furniture we bought 5 years ago when we were married. It has functioned as a kitchen cart in our tiny back house rental, then an entryway table in our apartment and now a side table in our new home. Here is how I (we, my daddy and JD helped too) did it!
- Miter saw - to trim down cart legs after removing the wheels
- Medium Sandpaper - to lightly sand the cart before painting
- Spackling paste and spatula - to fill in any holes and imperfections
- Trim kit roller tray and paint brush - to paint cart
- Drawer Knob
- Paint & Primer In One- Color: Valley Mist