Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker, chocolate or 12 mini crusts
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Blend in eggs one at a time, then add pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg, stir gently until well blended.
- Place pie crust/crusts on a baking sheet, carefully spread batter over the crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until center is almost set. Allow to cool, then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Cover with whipped topping before serving.
You can substitute the cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg with 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice.
If making the 12 mini crusts reduce cooking time by 5-10 minutes.
Prevent cracks by baking the pie at a moderate temperature and even better, bake custard pies in a “water bath”. This prevents the outer layer of custard from baking too fast. But if it does crack, just remember you can cover it with whip cream!